By accessing City of Gold Coast websites you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions the following meanings apply:
- ‘Council, City, City of Gold Coast, we, us, our’ all mean Council of the City of Gold Coast.
- ‘Site’ means this website and includes all other websites and sub-sites managed by Council, having the domain name www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au or sub-domains for example, www.[ ].goldcoast.qld.gov.au. Note that the www.cityofgoldcoast.com.au domain resolves to www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au.
- ‘Material’ means any text, symbol, logo, image, video, audio, document, file or other data on the Site.
- ‘You, your’ means any person accessing the Site.
© Copyright, Council of the City of Gold Coast (Council) 2001-2016 unless stated otherwise.
All Material on the Site is protected by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). Except for purposes permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the Material or any part thereof without written permission of the Chief Executive Officer. To request permission, please address all correspondence to:
Mr Dale Dickson
Chief Executive Officer
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
Gold Coast MC 9729
When you access the Site, you agree to:
- use the Material on the site only for personal or educational information purposes and not for any other purpose;
- include the copyright notice in any copy you make;
- not modify information found in Council materials, attribute it as Council material, and then present it as Council material without prior written permission;
- not use the material for any commercial purpose.
Use of resources for education
Schools, teachers and students are allowed to use the Material where relevant, only for study, research, criticism, review and projects but must acknowledge the source of the Material.
Information provided on cityofgoldcoast.com.au/education and its sub-pages is able to be downloaded, copied or printed for personal or educational purposes, provided users acknowledge the source of the material and do not use the material for any other purpose.
Use of interactive maps
The information on Council’s interactive mapping sites (including the City Plan interactive mapping website) :
- does not replace or substitute the formal planning scheme maps published on Council’s City Plan website and, to the extent of any inconsistency between the interactive mapping and the formal planning scheme maps, the formal planning scheme maps prevail;
- does not represent Council’s formal or final position on the content of the City Plan maps; and
- is not intended to be used for commercial purposes such as property transactions or settlements. You should NOT rely upon the interactive mapping to make any decisions, and not use interactive mapping as a basis to decide whether to purchase or otherwise invest in property.
- If you wish to obtain further or particular information with respect to any property, visit our Buying, selling and searches page for more information. Council makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the information provided in its interactive mapping sites (including accuracy, reliability, completeness, quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or suitability) or that access to and use of the interactive mapping site will not expose you to viruses, malicious code or other forms of interference that may damage your own computer system.
Use of Open Data
Open Data is provided by Council to share certain general information with the public. All reasonable measures are taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of this information; however Council makes no warranty in either respect. If you find any information that you believe may be inaccurate, please contact us. Use of information made available via our Open Data sites is permitted under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence and you agree to comply with the terms of that licence, the terms of which are available via the Creative Commons website This licence allows you to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and remix, transform and build upon the material for any purpose.
You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that Council endorses you or your use.
You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Council accepts no liability (including without limitation, an action in contract, negligence or other tortious action) for any loss, damage or costs (including consequential damage) relating to access to, reliance upon or any use of the interactive mapping or the open data sets available to the public.
All matters relating to your access to and use of interactive mapping and Open Data are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia.
Maps on the City Plan and ArcGIS are inaccessible to website assistive technologies. If you require assistance accessing or interpreting any of these maps please contact us on 1300 GOLDCOAST (1300 465 326).
Interactive mapping includes data provided by the State of Queensland (Department of Natural Resources and Mines) which is subject to the following:
© State of Queensland (Department of Natural Resources and Mines)
Based on data provided by the State of Queensland (Department of Natural Resources and Mines) (the State). In consideration of the State permitting use of this data you acknowledge and agree that the State gives no warranty in relation to the data (including accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or suitability) and accepts no liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for any loss, damage or costs (including consequential damage) relating to any use of the data. Data must not be used for direct marketing or be used in breach of the privacy laws.
Information on Council’s websites is for general reference. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information is current and accurate, Council makes no warranty in either respect.
Council shall not be liable, to the extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained in connection with any use of or reliance on any information contained on the Site.
Any use of, or reliance on, such information is at the risk of the user who accepts all risk, responsibility and liability for any loss, damage, cost or other consequence arising directly or indirectly from such use or reliance.
Third party websites
Links to external organisations which appear from time to time on Council’s websites are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The provision of such information does not constitute an endorsement or approval by, or any relationship with, Council of any of the products, services or opinions of the organisation or person. Council makes no warranty about and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or legality of content on the external website or for that of subsequent links within such websites or that those sites are safe, secure and free from any virus. Accordingly users should make their own enquiries about these matters. Any use of, or reliance on, such information is at the risk of the user who accepts all responsibility and liability for any loss, damage, cost or other consequence arising directly or indirectly from such use or reliance.